Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Eid/Selamat Hari Raya/Selamat Hari Lebaran

I woke up in the wee hours of the morning on October 1st 2008 just to prepare food for our 1st day of Eid celebration. I made some 'nasi minyak', chicken rendang, beef curry, 'kuah satay' with 'nasi hempit' and not forgetting sliced cucumber. A couple of days before Eid, I also made my favorite cookies, pineapple tart, cornflake cookies and a colorful vanilla cake to add to this joyous occasion. Around 8.30 a.m, my son and I, (my husband could only take a half day from work) we went to the masjid and he was excited to see that they had this pump-it-up play area for the kids to play and also they had the open-air breakfast area set up in the parking area of the masjid. It was pretty chilly that morning and I was worried that my son might catch a cold because he refused to put on a coat which we had left in the car. Here are some pictures of the scene outside the masjid and also at my house, but unfortunately, I forgot to take a close-up of the food that we had.

I had invited a few friends for lunch and we had it set up in the garage so the kids can run around outside and enjoy the food too. It was a great Eid celebration because we have friends who celebrated it with us and share with us this joyous day.


Throng of people enjoying their morning breakfast outside the masjid.
People standing in line to get their food.
These ladies are probably from UAE, Pakistan or India
Wanda rounding up Ramzi and Axel so they can eat their food instead of playing.

Here's where the kids are enjoying themselves, while their parents looked on.Still standing in line waiting for their food
Here is the scene at my house. A few friends enjoying my cooking.


The host looking on!
My favorite, pineapple tart
Jamal chatting with Wanda's mom

Lena, Wanda and their mom smiling for the camera. Also showing here is the cake that I had baked.
AZ and Jamal enjoying their food
















0 Comments: