Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yard sale

In the midst of preparing and getting stuff ready, and on the very day of the yard sale itself, it never cross my mind to get my camera ready! Oh well, will try to think ahead next time. In reality, the yard sale we had was a huge success. It was organized by one of the resident and on my street alone, we had about 5 houses that was having their own yard sale that day, and you can imagine how much traffic we had on a Friday and Saturday of last week. The bigger items like the Papasan chair, toddler's bed plus mattress, strollers, 2 bicycles, 1 tricycle, a scooter and a John Deere tractor used by my son were gone on the 1st day. Other popular items are toys, children's clothings, from Jeans to socks and children's underwear, children's winter coats, shoes, boots etc. were almost gone on the 1st day too. Based on past experience, I have decided not to put out adult clothings or too much of the the stuff animals because it does not sell that well. I did put a few stuff animals out, and almost none of them were sold. Some friends brought in their stuff like walkers, strollers, baby car-seat, and toddler's bicycle to be put in our yard sale and it was sold immediately on the 1st day. One particular lady, who I think is a pro at buying and selling or she might have her own store somewhere, came with a huge van and she got all kinds of stuff almost to the roof of her van. I knew this, because I helped her carry some of the stuff that she purchased from us to her van.

Like I said, our yard sale last week was a success and I would gladly do it again next year. The money that we got from the yard sale would be used for buying my son's winter clothings, since he have outgrown most of his winter clothings from last year. I am glad to say that our junk is someone's elses treasure. We were having too many stuff that we don't really need and with the unpredictable current economic issues, high gas prices and high cost of grocery bills, I told my son that if we were to get anymore toys, the house would explode. He was laughing so hard when he heard me say it.




0 Comments: