Tuesday, August 5, 2008

storming the job market

For the past couple of weeks I have been spending a lot of times on the internet, browsing the classifieds in the newspaper, looking at employment agencies, monster job search and directly into companies website. I have seen some that fits my qualifications and experiences but the hours are just not in accordance to the schedule that I wanted. It brings me back to if I should pursue my career or just be a stay-at-home mom. I was a stay-at-home parent for the first three years of my 5 year-old's life, and I think that's partly why we have such a great relationship. This time around I'm torn between returning to work and worrying about what I am going to do if there's going to be school closure because of flood, snow or my son gets sick or some other unexpected circumstances. My son's school starts around 7.45 am and ends at 2.15 pm. I would love for him to take the school bus, but I am still skeptical about his safety after seeing so many happenings showing students beating each other in the bus, a bus wreck etc. I am just paranoid, and I feel that at this time it is best that I drive him to and from school which is just around 15-20 minutes from our house. I love to get a job but would hate to inconvenience the company that I work with with all this unforeseen issues that I am almost sure will crop up some day.

Anyway, with that thoughts stressing my brain, I received a number of responses ever since I posted my resume on the net and also to those that I have applied directly. I have worked all my adult life, right after college, and by not having a job and not earning my own money is just unthinkable. Recalling my early teen years without a dad (he died when I was only 11) and having very little money for school makes me wants to strive harder for the future.

I will definitely call or reply to those potential employers and will tell them exactly what my requirements are, and if it's not what they are seeking, I will have to decline their offer and go to the next one.

Good luck to me!





0 Comments: