Monday, March 30, 2009

A tribute to an ex-colleague & dear friend

The late Marlon Dinglasan and his wife emailed by Gerlie. (I could not believe how much weight he've lost and I am forever grateful and thankful that I was able to 'communicate' with Marlon through his sister-inlaw, Gerlie via email before his death).

On January 24, 2009, I received an email from my ex-colleague in Shell about a friend of ours who is dying from stage 4 lung cancer. A couple of days ago, I received an email from Marlon's sister in-law, Gerlie, that Marlon, her brother in-law has joined his creator on March 28, 2009 at 2:40pm Philippine time. He will be cremated on Wednesday, April 1,2009. For that, I am dedicating this part of my blog to my dear friend, the late Marlon S Dinglasan.
Marlon had lived an amazing life even though it was rather short. Marlon was a great friend; he was the kind of friend that stands by you when you need somebody to be there. As a colleague and a dear friend, he was always helpful. Yes, it was probably in 1991 or in 1992 that I first met Marlon and a group of other Filipino engineers when they joined Shell MDS. The thing I remember clearly when I think of Marlon is his sense of humor, his politeness and his unique soft baritone voice.He was the kind of person that would make everyone laugh so hard. He was so out there when he starts those jokes. That is what I will truly miss about Marlon. He could make anyone laugh when they are really sad. He always cheered his colleagues when he knew they were having a bad day. That’s the trademark of Marlon. He always wanted to make people happy. Marlon’s death was sudden to me, but in reality he knew of his cancer long before I heard of it. I remember when I heard the news I simply could not believe it. Marlon was too young but as it slowly occurred to me I have realized that Marlon indeed lived his life wonderfully. Marlon was well-liked and he had done so many things on earth and I’m sure he’ll do much more in heaven. I will forever be grateful to have known Marlon. I will forever be grateful for spending 7+ years of my life as a colleague with a friend like him. All the memories I have shared with him will forever be cherished and remembered. This is not the time for us to grieve his death but it’s our time to celebrate his life. I am sure he never wanted to see people cry, he wanted to make everyone happy. I am thankful that I was given the chance to have known a man named Marlon. He will forever be missed.








0 Comments: