Thursday, October 9, 2008

Working from home

I have recently applied to a few work-at-home jobs online and have sat for some assessments and testings and just recently I have been called for over-the-phone job interviews.

Initially I was pretty skeptical about the jobs that I was applying for because of the so many scams out there. I began to do some research on most of these companies and also verifying them with sites such as wahm.com or clarkhoward.com. Obviously, there are a number of legitimate work-at-home companies out there and I have found some of them. I applied to a few others, but some are not available in certain cities and some responses will take weeks and others are within a week or so. If you have the talents, there are so many work-at-home jobs out there. On the wahm.com website, you can also email them if you have questions on the legitimacy of the job or if there are any fees involved. DO NOT accept any jobs THAT REQUIRE CASHING CHECKS, ACCEPTING PAYMENTS (OR SHIPPING PACKAGES) AND TRANSFERRING MONEY FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT. There are a lot of these scams posted on the net now.

Well the good news is that I have been hired! I will have a 1 day orientation and my training will take around 3-4 weeks and right after I will be on my own. I am pretty excited because I will work from home for Directv, 30 hours a week, but most of my schedule will be in the PM hours. The other great news is that I will have the usual insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and holidays, short-term/long-term disability and of course free directv!! Isn't that awesome? I can also work in my PJ and also be at home to prepare food and save money on gas and work clothes! It's also an ideal set-up for me because I can drive my son to school in the morning and my husband can pick him up after school.






3 Comments:

Salt N Turmeric said...

Hey Congrats Nadz! Finally u found something that suits your schedule. Maybe i shud go check out those sites. ;)

izman said...

congrats! its normal in oversea that housewife acan apply for that particular jobs. but in malaysia, its not a culture.

ZirodZen said...

yay.......got my 1st check last week!