Saturday, August 9, 2008

A busy Saturday

We were having such a busy day today. Upon waking up this morning, we've decided to go into town to have a hair cut for Ramzi and his daddy. It got to be done today because Ramzi wants to look 'sleek' on his 1st day of school. We went, and had that done. Right after, we went to Deaconess Gateway Women hospital to visit a cousin (my husband's side) whose wife gave birth to their 1st baby, a cute little bundle of joy, a 6+ lbs baby boy, Aiden Joseph and we all got to hold him, except Ramzi who was ready to hold the new baby, but I was just too scared to let him. It was a great visit and I will put some pictures here.



After an hour of visiting, our stomachs were growling in hunger, so we told them our goodbyes and a final congratulations to the happy new parents, we left and we went to a new Thai restaurant by the hair-cut place that we went to earlier. Ramzi and daddy had shrimp fried rice, while I had an awesomely delicious bowl of deep fried tofu with peanut sauce and tom yum. Oh my God, it was the best that I have ever tasted. It feels like eating them back home in the hot steamy kitchen of my mom's house...or... it could be because I was extremely hungry?

We managed to talk to the owner, a small friendly guy, and he told us that his restaurant started their business just last month and he is proud to announced that his is the first restaurant serving authentic thai cuisine. The deco. and the atmosphere in the restaurant reflects their Thai culture. I will definitely be back.
Right after, we went across to Henderson, Ky, to do some errands, and drove back to Evansville, In. After a couple hours of watching movies etc., I went out to mow the back and front yard. I told myself I need to do it just for the exercise. At least I got to sweat a little bit, and get back inside and it was already time for me to cook supper.









0 Comments: